Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Soul Searching and a New 'Do!

So, we all know that being a wife and mommy is hard.

Here some of my many jobs...
cook
maid
nurse
teacher
taxi driver
barber (I cut my boys hair!)
etc...etc...

And, on top of it all I am running a business, which we all know takes a lot of work.

So, last week I had decided that I needed a few hours to myself, so I booked a hair appointment with Sam's Hair Studio here in Fort Wayne. I had a Groupon with her. I have never been to her before, but I have heard nothing but great things about her!

Now, I am a hairstylist...but am not picky at all. In fact, I have 2 other hairstylists I go to! So, I decided, "what's another?". Actually, I decided...I could have one stylist for every season :) You can never have too many hairstylists :)

All this hair talk got me thinking...and I've been thinking about it for a long time. I have my license in cosmetology and I have not really USED it for 4 years, that is when I quit working the salon to be a stay-at-home mom...which is now becoming a work-at-home role.

But, I'm kind of missing it! I've had a lot of people ask me recently if I still do hair. And, my answer is always "Well....kind of. Not really. Just cuts and styles out of my home...in my kitchen." Awkward.

So, within the next few weeks/months I will be offering makeup and hair with my photo shoots. Kind of like Glamour Shots...but way better!! :) I have spent money on school...so why not use the degree for something?

I'd LOVE to be able to work hair part-time and run my business...even better...have a space where I can do BOTH. But, that is not my job right now. My job is to take care of my children, before they go to school...while they are still young.

Still doing a little soul searching...thought of possibly doing something else. But, as my husband says...you can't do it all. I just have to pick something and do it. But, I am an artistic person. I am creative, so my mind starts wandering and I get bored easily. But, I can't do it all.

So, that's my 2 cents for the day. Just some thoughts that I've been having...
And, I wanted to share my awesome new HAIR.
Thanks Sam! :)
(go to her...she's awesome!)

1 comment:

Kandi Wall said...

Cute hair :) I just got mine cut today, I hadn't got it cut since last June. And I got a very similar haircut with bangs. (we must have good taste, lol.)

Good luck with all your endeavors! You're a great Mom and photographer! I am sure that you will get plenty of business doing hair/makeup shots. There aren't too many people that have those talents to offer.

Slideshow

Photographer

by Stephani Lynn Photography