Sunday, April 24, 2011

SLOOOOWING DOWWWN


Hello Friends :)

Bear with me as this is probably the first real personal blog posting I have ever written. But, I feel that it needs to be done. It's funny because I'm not one to share my personal "stuff" with all of the cyber world to see, but I think it some cases it's okay to do. Don't worry, I'm not going to get too weird on you!

I first want to say that I LOVE what I do. I LOVE ALL of my amazing clients. You have truly been a blessing to me. You have made me grow and challenged me in new ways. I have had so much fun this year so far! There are so many new things that I want to try. New ideas. New creativity. I can't wait!

That being said, it has been a ROUGH past couple of months for me and my family. We have been battling colds, ear infections, sinus infections, strep throat. You name it, SOMEBODY in my family has had it. I battled a bout with pneumonia in February. It was by far the sickest I have ever been! My husband was gone in Guatemala leading a mission's team that week. NOT the greatest time for me to say the least.

This week has hit me pretty hard. I have been having some minor health issues myself this week. But, this past week my husband has been battling some health issues, too. Nothing HUGE, but enough to really screw things up. I finally took him to the ER Saturday morning, only to find out that it was worse off than we thought. They emitted him to the hospital then and has been in since then. He MAY come home tomorrow, he may not. He MAY have surgery tomorrow, he may not. It might be later this week, next week...I don't know at this point. But, he will be out of work for the entire week and next week. He will be on bed rest for a couple of weeks.

That has thrown a wrench into our entire schedule for the next couple of weeks. We planned on going to Chicago this weekend with some teens from the youth group. For us, those plans are gone. And, if you don't know my husband, he is a VERY driven person in every aspect of his life. He can't STAND sitting in the hospital and not working, being with his family and lifting weights. His health is very important to him and he's very discouraged right now. He has made some goals for himself and he feels that this has completely ruined them.

I feel so bad for him. I want him to be home with me and the boys. I now know how it feels to be a single mother. But, for some reason it feels different. Knowing that he's in the hospital, in pain and on morphine every hour really makes me uncomfortable. I can't sleep, the kids can't sleep and they don't understand why daddy is in the hospital and why he couldn't be home for Easter.

Because it has been so difficult for us as a family, I have made the decision that I will be taking it easy for the time being until he can get back on his feet again. That means editing, orders, emails will be on the back burner. I will still be "working" but will be taking it VERY SLOWLY as I will be caring for my kids and husband. I am a wife and a mommy, but I am not super woman. I can't do it all!

This is a very minor operation my husband will be having, but he is in a LOT of pain and it's MAJOR to us.

I ask for your prayers and your understanding the next few weeks as things will be slow here :)

Thank you so much for understanding and reading my weepiness. (is that a word?)

PLEASE feel free to call and email me. I probably won't get back with you right away. I'm not avoiding you by any means :) Just have to take things a little easy!






No comments:

Slideshow

Photographer

by Stephani Lynn Photography